|REECO Motorcycle Roller Chain
|T/T, L/C, DP
|Port of Shipment
Founded in 1992,HangZhou Really Trading Co.,Ltd is 1 of the leading exporters of Motorcycle,Three-Wheeler,Automotive & Generator parts in China.With a 25 years experience & professional knowledge, we assue guranteed quality,most competitive price & prompt delivery. Up to now, we have already exported to many countries including Pakistan,Iran,Bangladesh, Indonesia,Philippines,Mid-east and South American countries.In 2571, our annual turn over is more than 40 million US$.
In 2011,We established HangZhou Really Vehicle Parts MFG CO.,Ltd, an ISO/TS16949 certified factory with a coverage of 30,000 Square Meters
, specially manufactures OE & After-Market Quality Brake Pad for Motorcycle, ATV, Passenger Car & Trucks by Germany Technology and QC system. Now, really brakes has become 1 of the famous and major suppliers of high quality Original Equipment(OE) and CHINAMFG disc brake pads in China and abroad.
“pursuit of the best in the best” became our company motto,We will continuously study the market and keep in improving our products & service to the increasingly demand of the market.
Today,our “Reeco” Genuine Parts are getting more and more popular by our customers all over the world.we warmly welcome old and new customers to visit us for the promotion of mutual friendship and the building-up of our long-term business relationship.
OFFICE & OUR TEAM
Can roller chains be used for overhead or inverted applications?
Roller chains can be used for overhead or inverted applications, but there are certain considerations to keep in mind. Here’s a detailed answer to the question:
1. Lubrication: In overhead or inverted applications, proper lubrication is crucial to ensure smooth operation and prevent premature wear. Gravity can affect the distribution of lubricant within the chain, so it’s important to use a lubrication method that can effectively reach all the critical components.
2. Tensioning: In overhead or inverted applications, the tensioning of the roller chain becomes even more important. The chain should be properly tensioned to prevent sagging or excessive slack, which can lead to uneven load distribution, chain skipping, or disengagement from the sprockets.
3. Environmental Considerations: Overhead or inverted applications may expose the roller chain to environmental factors such as dust, debris, moisture, or temperature variations. It’s important to select a roller chain that is designed to withstand the specific environmental conditions and provides adequate protection against corrosion, contamination, and wear.
4. Sprocket Alignment: Proper sprocket alignment is critical for the smooth operation of roller chains in overhead or inverted applications. Misalignment can result in chain binding, increased friction, and premature wear. Regular inspection and adjustment of the sprocket alignment are necessary to maintain optimal performance.
5. Chain Design: Depending on the specific requirements of the overhead or inverted application, specialized roller chain designs may be available. These designs may include features such as sealed joints, self-lubricating capabilities, or corrosion-resistant coatings to enhance performance and reliability in such applications.
By considering these factors and selecting a roller chain specifically designed for overhead or inverted applications, it is possible to achieve reliable and efficient power transmission in these challenging orientations.
How do roller chains handle static loads?
Roller chains are primarily designed for transmitting power and handling dynamic loads, which involve motion and varying forces. However, roller chains can also handle static loads to some extent. Here’s a detailed answer to the question:
1. Load Distribution: When a roller chain is subjected to static loads, the weight or force is evenly distributed across multiple rollers and pins. This helps to distribute the load more effectively and reduces stress concentrations on individual components. The load is transferred from one roller to another through the pins, ensuring a more balanced distribution.
2. Stiffness: Roller chains possess a certain degree of stiffness that enables them to resist static loads. The rigid construction of the chain, including the link plates and pins, helps maintain the integrity of the chain under static conditions. This stiffness allows the chain to support the applied load without excessive elongation or deformation.
3. Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential for roller chains to handle static loads effectively. Lubrication helps reduce friction and wear, which can occur even under static conditions due to the weight of the load. Adequate lubrication ensures smooth movement of the chain and minimizes the risk of surface damage or increased friction during load-bearing.
4. Chain Preload: In some cases, applying a pre-load or initial tension to the roller chain can help improve its ability to handle static loads. The pre-load helps to eliminate any slack or looseness in the chain, enhancing its rigidity and reducing the potential for excessive elongation or misalignment when subjected to static forces.
While roller chains can handle static loads, it’s important to note that they are primarily designed for dynamic applications involving motion. Excessive static loads or prolonged exposure to static conditions may lead to increased wear, elongation, or deformation of the chain. In scenarios where the majority of the load is static, alternative power transmission systems or load-bearing mechanisms may be more suitable.
What are the best practices for maintaining roller chains?
Maintaining roller chains is crucial for their optimal performance, longevity, and reliability. Here are some best practices for maintaining roller chains:
1. Regular Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential for reducing friction, preventing wear, and extending the life of the chain. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for the type and frequency of lubrication. Apply lubricant evenly along the chain, ensuring it reaches the inner rollers and bushings.
2. Cleanliness: Keep the roller chain clean and free from contaminants such as dirt, debris, and excess lubricant. Regularly inspect and clean the chain to remove any build-up that can contribute to wear and performance issues.
3. Tension Adjustment: Monitor the chain tension regularly and make adjustments as needed to ensure it remains within the manufacturer’s recommended range. Proper tension reduces stress on the chain and sprockets, minimizing wear and improving performance.
4. Alignment: Check the alignment of the sprockets to ensure they are properly aligned. Misaligned sprockets can cause uneven wear and premature failure of the chain. Adjust or replace the sprockets as necessary to maintain proper alignment.
5. Inspection: Regularly inspect the roller chain for signs of wear, damage, or elongation. Look for loose or damaged links, excessive wear on the sprocket teeth, or signs of fatigue. Replace any worn or damaged components promptly to prevent further damage and ensure safe operation.
6. Environmental Considerations: Consider the operating environment and take necessary precautions. In corrosive or high-temperature environments, use appropriate coatings or materials that offer resistance to corrosion and heat. In dirty or abrasive environments, install guards or shields to protect the chain from debris.
7. Training and Documentation: Provide proper training to maintenance personnel on roller chain maintenance and inspection procedures. Keep records of maintenance activities, including lubrication schedules, tension adjustments, and component replacements. This documentation helps track maintenance history and identifies patterns or potential issues.
8. Periodic Replacement: Despite regular maintenance, roller chains will eventually wear out. Establish a replacement schedule based on the chain’s expected lifespan and operating conditions. Replace the chain when it exhibits excessive wear, elongation, or signs of fatigue to prevent sudden failures.
By following these best practices, you can optimize the performance, lifespan, and reliability of roller chains, reducing downtime and ensuring the smooth operation of your machinery or equipment.
editor by CX 2023-10-23